This is to inform the General Public that Mission will be closed in observation of May Day (Workers Day) on Thursday, 1 May, 2014
Mission will re-open on Friday, 2 May, 2014
E-PASSPORT SERVICE IN THE HIGH COMMISSION
We are glad to inform Nigerian Nationals that the Biometric Passport Machine is now available in the Nigeria High Commission for the issuance of the e-passport. This means both enrolment of applicants and passport production is now done here in Canberra. Please see the Consular Service section of the website for detailed requirements and procedure
Those who need to replace lost, stolen, filled-up pages, expired or misplaced passports or ones with complaints of spelling errors of names/wrong dates of birth etc especially on the e-passport should please forward their duly signed applications via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to the Mission in order to book an appointment before proceeding to the Mission. Only those with online payment completed will be given an appointment.
- E-passport applicants are required to log onto the website of the Nigeria Immigration Servicehttp://portal.immigration.gov.ng/ to complete the application form.
- After completing the online application form and payment please come along
with the following to the High Commission:
- Copy of completed online application form
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs
- Payment acknowledgement slip
- Reference/Application ID
- Properly completed passport guarantor’s form. It is generated on-line and should be completed for submission. This is mandatory.
- Birth certificate/sworn declaration of age duly signed by Commissioner for Oaths.
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Proof of Nigerian nationality ie. presentation of previous Nigerian passport
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Processing fee of AU$50.00 (Money order or Bank Cheque) made out to Nigeria High Commission. Please note that this payment is separate from the passport fee and is non-refundable. This payment does not cover postage.
- Pre-paid self-addressed return envelop if in Australia
Hours of service between 10:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday.
For further information please call 02 6215 8500
Lost passports can only be replaced after clearance from Abuja in addition to the payment of the non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 per passport.
The following will also be required:
- Letter to immigration reporting the lost passport giving details of the passport:
# Date of loss
# Circumstance of loss
# Place of loss
# Passport number
# Place of issue
# Date of issue
# Contact phone number
- Extract of police report about the lost passport;
- Sworn court affidavit on the lost passport;
- Photocopies of the lost passport (if available)